Friday, April 01, 2011

What in the world should I title this post?

(g.r.)
So before we even met our daughter, my mind was trying to figure out what in the world I would title the first post I made after getting her. I had many thoughts, but couldn't settle on just one. Then I figured it out. I would simply create a posting of all the titles I considered. That would cover it. So, without further ado, here are the titles I considered:

1. So, what do you wear to an adoption anyway?
2. Daddy, daddy, daddy
3. Oh. My. Gosh.
4. She's ours!
5. A day like no other
6. And now there are six!
7. So, a funny thing happened today
8. Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9. At last!!
10. If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

But, the title for the first post after getting my daughter came as the result of a song sung for us by the children of the social service school she attended (I had to go back and change that word from "attends" to "attended" in my editing. I love it...attended). So, without further ado, the Official title of the first post after getting my new daughter is..........

SATAN IS A LOSER-MAN
Today when we picked up Sneha from Vathsalya Charitable Trust, we were treated to a whole series of songs from about 20 children including Sneha. Some we had heard such as Jesus Loves Me, Lords Army, If You're Happy and You Know It, and others. Some of the songs we had not heard before. My favorite was Satan is a Loser-Man. I gotta try and find the words to it. The song cracked me up. Later, as she was taking a brief nap in our hotel room, I started thinking about the song again. At first, it simply made me smile. Then it made me smug. You see, Satan really IS a loser-man. That twerp tried and tried and tried some more to wreck our ability to bring her home. He threw all sorts of obstacles in the way to cause delay, distress, discouragement, and doubt. With the Lord leading the way, we pressed on. Today was the culmination of several years worth of significant effort. And today, Satan, loser of all losers became a Loser-Man all over again. Think about that a second. The ruler of all evil, the great deceiver and destroyer....Failed. Big time. Totally. My beautiful Sneha could die tonight, but she would die a daughter. A Daughter. A child who is part of a family. A child with a mom and dad and brothers and sister. A child with a large extended family. In short, a child who is loved. Love triumphed over evil. Again. As it will many more times. As it will in the end. Arilyn Sneha Rausch. Daughter.

No comments: