Friday, April 01, 2011

Random Thoughts Part II

1. Anyone got some chocolate?
2. I wonder when I will ever get a good night's rest again?
3. If there could be opposites in adoption days, this day was the opposite of our first.
4. I despise tipping people for things that I really prefer to do myself.
5. I really didn't mean to create bedlam by having our kids pass out Silly Bands to a room full of students who were really supposed to be quiet and attentive.
6. I didn't mean to create "band envy".
7. "Band Envy" would make a great name for a rock band.
8. I hope those kids have settled down by now.
9. In China, I didn't turn down Pig Brain soup when purchased for me by some new friends in China. I ate the whole bowl. In India, I turned down a glass of water offered by a nun. Funny.
10. OH NO!! We forgot her medicine at VCT. The consulate will want to see it and we leave the day after tomorrow.
11. When I was a camp counselor, the guy counselors and campers tortured the girl counselors and campers mercilessly with endless rounds of raucous "Lords Army" refrains. Loud and long. That could have been our motto against those females. My newest daughter is exacting female revenge. It is a good song, but really, I am quite done now.
12. I am glad all of the kids I saw today are simply waiting for their matched families to arrive to adopt them once the court process is over for them.
13. Saying waiting is "simple" is not fair to the kids or the families.
14. Why, oh why, did my oldest daughter show my youngest daughter how to shoot Silly Bands across the room?
15. Colored pencils shavings sharpened randomly across a white bed spread is kinda pretty.
16. I am glad it is not my white bed spread.
17. Now, about that chocolate.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a great journey! So glad to hear the story and follow along. We have been praying so long, as they have been there! God is good:)