Monday, April 04, 2011

Random Thoughts, Part III

1. The guys who clean the walkways every day with little short brooms should invest either in an extra 24 inches of broom handle or in a leaf blower.
2. My first impressions of Delhi are not good. We have encountered many very self-centered people with no respect for others.
3. People who grab my bags without my permission to take them literally about 8 feet and then refuse to close the taxi cab door until you pay them need to rethink things a bit.
4. I thought checking my boarding pass at the gate to enter the plane made sense. I thought that checking my boarding pass again by a different person literally three steps later was pretty stupid. I am certain that checking my boarding pass AS I EXIT THE PLANE is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever encountered. I guess I could have gotten on the plane mid-flight. Don't others do that?
5. I like spicy foods.
6. I am sick and tired of spices in my food.
7. Think carefully now. If you ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, what would you expect to get?
8. If you thought a piece of grilled chicken on some sort of bread, you would be quite wrong.
9. How does chicken salad smeared between two pieces of bread that has sat on the grill long enough to leave grill marks count as a grilled chicken sandwich?
10. My family currently resembles a self-sustaining tornado. The only difference is that instead of sounding like a train coming at you, we sound like a train full of kids coming at you.
11. Since writing #2 above, we are on second day in Delhi.
12. I have just about had it with snooty people.
13. Bangalore is older, more run down, filled with lots more trash...and is somehow much more pleasant.
14. I am looking forward to price stickers being on the goods I buy once again.
15. I will try to state this delicately. Sensitive eyes (or those with good imaginations) should stop reading now. Don't say I didn't warn you. You know that place where you feel like you need to, um...break the sound barrier shall we say, and then just at the last possible moment you have a terrifying thought that maybe there is more to this barrier than sound and so you throw on the brakes as fast as you possibly can which causes you to do some damage to internal organs but damage to internal organs is so much better than what might happen if in fact you really needed to do more than break the sound barrier? Living there.

No comments: