Sunday, March 27, 2011

One track mind

(G.R.)
I am a bit like a horse with blinders on right now. Seemingly for a day and a half, we have been just about an hour or so away from being complete. The last time I thought that was this afternoon. It is now midnight, and I still have to make a quick trip to the store tomorrow morning to buy something that we have already purchased but can no longer locate. We did get to take a small date tonight. We aren't sure when we will be able to get away for another one.

I have gotten my fill of good old American food the past two days. Last night we were treated to LaRosa's pizza (thank you Haneys). This afternoon, my parents met me for a quick visit and treated me to buffalo wings (thank you Rauschs). Tonight, we took the kids to Five Guys for one last juicy, greasy, sloppy burger before traveling to the land of the Holy Cows (thank you us). And tonight for our date, Maren and I hit Graeters for some Mint Cookies and Cream with Bittersweet fudge (thank you various gift card givers). If I end up in a food coma on the plane, somebody needs to give me some air.

But, I guess I have just sidetracked myself from my one track mind. Anyway, at this point, I am barely thinking about anything other than the next 48 hours or so as we head to India. I know there is a whole adventure on the other side, but the entire preparation of getting ready to go has consumed nearly all of my brain cells. Well, almost all of them. I am looking forward to a tasty burger when I get back!

No comments: