Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Now that's just cool!

(g.r.)
So I woke this morning (after a mere 4 hours of sleep...love jet lag or whatever it is that wouldn't allow me to sleep longer)to a bird call that I did not recognize. After getting changed, I went outside to see if I could figure out what in the world was making that noise. Check this out! A parrot! A big, bright green one like you would see at the zoo. This thing was just hanging out in the tree in front of our room. I couldn't believe it. When I went to the front desk to ask about it, the gentleman did not recognize the word "parrot". When I asked if I really saw a large, green bird, he assured me I did. I expressed my enjoyment and commented that I had only really ever seen them in the zoo. He looked at me like I was a bit daft!

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Been thinking of you nearly constantly and praying for your trip. Thanks for keeping updated via the blog :)