Monday, December 28, 2009

But let him who boasts

This is what the Lord says, "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom, let not the strong man boast of his strength, let not the rich man boast of his wisdom, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight" declares the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

May I boast clearly about one thing. The Lord, He is faithful. The Lord, He is good. The Lord will not call someone to something to which He will not provide.

On Tuesday of this past week, Maren got a call that there was a referral ready and waiting for us if we were interested. After listening to some of the details about this little girl, she asked for more information. The next day, we received details of this wonderful little one. The following day, the day before Christmas, we received an 8 minute DVD of this sweet girl. By now, we had made the decision to move forward with accepting this referral. To do so would require a multi-thousand dollar committment. We didn't have that available to us. We weren't expecting to receive a referral for another 12-18 months. I can say with all honesty (and those who know me may be surprised) that I was not the least bit concerned about where this money was going to come from. God called us to it, He will provide. I was sure of it. Not arrogant sure, but peaceful sure. And yet, we didn't know where this money would come from.

Ok, are you following the path so far? Tuesday, we get the verbal referral. Wednesday, we get the paperwork documentation. Thursday, we get the DVD. We decide to adopt her, but have a boatload of cash to come up with. That brings us to Friday. Friday, we get an unsolicited offer for a no-interest loan for $1,000 more than we need to move forward with the adoption!

I am experiencing a mix of feelings about this. I think the predominant feeling is one of peaceful admiration for our God. Let me boast about Him. He is worthy to be praised. I am thankful for the number of people He uses to bless us and our daughter-in-waiting. I ask for return blessings for them.

No comments: