Monday, March 16, 2009

Disappointing, but meaningless

We got word back from our adoption agency thay they are content with the way our former homestudy agency conducted themselves. This is disappointing and somewhat confusing, but ultimately, it doesn't mean anything for us. From what I can tell from the email we received back, this former agency misconstrued some of their actions and the events. For example, they apparently said there was no signed contract (wrong) and an imcomplete application (wrong again). I will send one final email stating that I disagree with the former agency's characterization of things and request again that Holt consider partnering with another agency in Southwest Ohio to give adoptive parents more than one option to consider. I will also state that I accept the results and appreciate their looking into it. Really, how much can Holt do with a Dayton agency while being located in Eugene, Oregon? I am impressed with the speed with which they addressed the complaint (Holt, that is).

The latest paperwork update is that Maren has obtained her local and federal fingerprinting. I have to do mine still. We also both got our physicals last Thursday (both alive, well, and kicking).

No comments: