Thursday, November 27, 2008

Will you follow me?

Dear friends and family,
On the same day that our family made a verbal commitment to adopt our next child from India, the country has come under horrible terrorist attacks. If you are following the news, you have seen the scary, despicable acts committed by radical Hindus and targeted against Westerners. We must pray for this country of India. Though it seems so far away, the reason Westerners are being targeted is that they are most likely to be Christian. Our brothers and sisters are falling for no reason other than they proclaim Christ. This is real persecution.

This whole thing has certainly given me pause. I am convinced that God is directing our path to this country. I am also convinced that we have more to do in India that simply pick up a child. It is EASY to sit here in my warm, comfortable bed late at night and tell God I will go where he sends me. Will I follow?

No comments: