Saturday, May 22, 2010

The sale before the sale

I am very curious how our Priceless Yard Sale is going to turn out. I go back and forth on what I think will happen. For those that know me well, you know this is par for my course. However, I can tell you this. The movement of our children to begin collecting some of their things and gathering a few things from some neighbors has already produced its first tangible fruit, well, dollars. A friend stopped over tonight to donate some things to the yard sale. She had not received the email until late this afternoon. Ironically, her family had just participated in their own neighborhood-wide yard sale. She came in from that sale and learned about what our kids have started. She loaded the unsold things up in her van and brought them over. I knew this was going to happen because I got the answering machine message she left. Maren had no idea she was coming. What I completely didn't expect is that after we unloaded her van, she turned to Maren and I and handed us some money saying, "And here are the proceeds from our sale". Can you believe that?!! Needless to say, we were very touched. The kids are thrilled. It was another example of what we saw during our first adoption. We knew God was going to move us during the adoption. What we were not initially prepared for, and watched in awe over, is how God moved others. Thank you friend for your gift today. May the Lord bless you for your generousity.

No comments: