Friday, February 27, 2009

Goal realized

This is pretty cool. It won't be very cool to anyone but me, but in 13 hours, I will be officially hired on as an adoption assessor with All God's Children. For those who remember, this is the same organization that our family used to expand itself in bringing home Elijah. I cannot speak highly enough about this adoption agency. They were first rate in every single thing they did. It was after our adoption was completed and I was wishing that I could use my social work skills to benefit others on a ministry basis that God placed in my head to become an adoption assessor myself. What better way to use my skills than to assist others in bringing home their own children from the community, state, country, and around the globe? I set out to earn my assessor certification and took vacation time from work to complete much of the necessary coursework. I did this specifically with the goal of being hired on by All God's Children. I never asked the organization about doing this and was never given any promises that I would be hired on. In fact, after earning my certification, I first approached All God's Children and was told there wasn't enough work and it likely wouldn't work out anyway. While I was disappointed, I never doubted that there was another reason for me earning my certification. The call felt too certain.

Through an unusual set of events, I was hired on with A Center for Homestudies and Placement Services in May 2008 for my first contract work as an assessor. I remain very very grateful to Rima (director) for bringing me on and coaching me through my first homestudies. I continue to contract with this organization and also think very highly of her and her dedication and professionalism towards those who seek her services.

Tomorrow, however, barring any unforseen circumstances, a specific dream of mine will be realized. The Ohio director of All God's Children (different from the director I talked to over a year ago) has indicated she intends to hire me on as a contractor. That is cool.

No comments: